FRESH BODY FIT MIND
MISTAKE 2 // EXPECTING TO BE PERFECT
What do you mean you can’t pull-off thousands of full burpees or knock-out 100 double unders? Do you mean you’re not…gasp… perfect? Nobody likes playing the bad cop (okay, maybe they do) but here’s the big and perfectly formed truth - nobody is the ‘P’ word. Some may look it (in your eyes), but perfect means a lot of different things to many different people. So why put yourself under unrealistic pressure when you’re starting a new fitness regime?
As far as major mistakes go, this one is right up there. If you expect to be perfect, you’re going to struggle both mentally and physically to carry on with your routine. Pretty quickly you’ll find yourself feeling deflated, exhausted and any mojo you had will be mo-gone.
So what can we do to tame that inner perfectionist when we workout? Start by creating challenging yet achievable goals.
"The more you practice the better you get, that’s the deal. Practice makes progress."
Take some of the pressure off your inner perfectionist by changing how you view your new exercise routine. See it as a ‘gift to self’ rather than ‘thou must do.’
Laugh at your mistakes. It takes heart and courage to laugh when we’ve made a whoopsie and look a bit silly. So next time you fall flat on your face when doing those burpees let out a chuckle – you’ll make those around you feel better too.
Finally, accept that what you’re doing is good enough. You’ve got off your derriere, you’ve panted your way through your workout and you’ve got the sweaty pits to prove it. Give yourself a well-deserved high-five. You’re imperfectly perfect just the way you are.
Here's a quick list of some things to expect in the beginning:
- Expect to struggle & sweat like never before in the beginning.
- Expect to stop during your workouts. You stop, you breathe, you start, you stop again, you breathe again, you start again.
- Expect to find some exercises easy and some really hard.
- Expect to make progress over time.
- Expect to miss a workout here and there. If you miss a planned session, get over it and look forward to your workout tomorrow.
Remember, if working out and getting results was easy... everyone would be perfect at it!
Allow yourself not to be perfect.
Health & Happiness,
WATCH: DAY TWO WORKOUT TUTORIAL
Learn all the moves for your day 2 workout along with correct technique to make sure you're working the right muscles in the right way. Always focusing on using correct technique is the secret to get the best results possible, while keeping injury free.
DAY 2 CIRCUIT
- welcome to day 2
- download day 2 workouts
- watch Amanda's tutorial video
- set your personal focus and goals for your day
- video: small changes add up to amazing changes / chatting about
- this journey is about going at your own pace, it's about you not comparing to anyone else or being distracted by other people.
- not moving forward onto the next day unless you are ready, i.e. have completed all of day 2, stretched, set goals